Saturday, January 29, 2011

OPI Texas Collection 2011 Swatches and Review

I ordered my Texas Collection Monday and received it Thursday! I was so excited, and then when I swatched the polishes....ummmm not so much. I will explain why under the pics. I only ordered six out of the ten polishes from the collection.

Don't Mess With OPI
It's like a grassy green. It is very pretty but it's very close to OPIs Jade is the New Black.
My thumb is painted in Jade is the New Black (bottle on the left). As you can see they are only like a half a shade off, and personally I like Jade is the New Black better. Both very pretty colors, but I hate that I bought a color I basically already had. 

Suzi Loves Cowboys

Suzi Loves Cowboys is a rich brown, a little lighter than what OPI has been previously releasing. I really like the brown. I think it's very pretty, but probably the lightest I can go because of my skin tone.

Y'all Come Back Ya Hear
Y'all Come Back Ya Hear, is one of OPIs new sorbet formulas. It's made to be translucent and shiny, a new look for this upcoming summer. I personally, don't like the translucent/semi-opaque look, so this four coats. Its a pretty orange nonetheless.

Now here's what I was NOT excited about. The next three colors look identical.

This is Houston We Have A Purple. Honestly, in person it's not this purple. Really, it's not purple at all (disappointment). This is a sorbet color with three coats. 

Too Hot Pink To Hold Em is probably my favorite of the sorbets. This is three coats, and looks mostly opaque.

Do You Think I'm Tex'y? No I do not, because you look exactly like the other two polishes. In person it's not as pink as Too Hot Pink To Hold Em. This is also three coats. 

I feel like I was let down by the Texas Collection. The green is very similar to Jade is the New Black from the Hong Kong Collection which was not released too long ago. Even though I am not a fan of the sorbet formula, I would have been more enthused if the colors weren't so similar. I would suggest you save your money and buy only one of the above sorbets. 

How to Apply Sorbets:
  1. Start with one thin coat (start at your pinky)
  2. Let it COMPLETELY dry before your second coat
  3. If you want it more opaque, apply a third coat
  4. Follow with top coat, even though the polish alone is very shiny
Enjoy!








1 comment: