Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Aint Nothin Like The Real Thing...

So a while ago online, I was reading raves about OPI's My Private Jet, and being the collector I am I ordered it. I was so excited! When I finally got the bottle of polish I was sooo disappointed! I was thinking: so people are so excited about this brownish, grey colour with sparkles??? Ew! Then after some research, I found out that they discontinued the original colour. I also seen pics of it and it was gorgeous. I don't know why since people love it so much they changed the formula, and thought the new would do. Because it def doesn't! So tonight I created my own My Private Jet dupe, and the instructions are as follows:

For a base I used OPIs Ridge Filler
One coat of OPI Black Onyx
Two coats of the newer My Private Jet
Two coats of Northerns Lights (by OutTheDoor, from Sallys)
And a top coat

Its def not the original, but its pretty decent. It has the same sparkle, but the holo effect that everyone loved. As usual in life, there's nothing like the real thing!


1 comment: