Thursday, March 10, 2011

How to remove pesky polishes...

I am a huge fan of glitter polishes (Teenage Dream and Bring on the Bling from OPI's Burlesque Collection are my favorites), but they are a pain to remove. The glitter is either all over your fingers or stuck to nail causing you to scrape it off. So I came across a couple of tips.
1. Use acetone (but it's still kind of difficult to remove)
2. Right before removing polish on a top coat, the glitter should adhere to the top coat making it easier, I haven't tried this yet.
3. The best method....the foil method! It makes you look like a creature from outter space, but it works. You put nail polish remover on a cotton ball (I used pure acetone) and set it on your nail. Next, you take a strip of foil (that you already pre-cut) and wrap around the cotton ball. I do all fingers on one hand before moving on to the next. You can leave it on for about three minutes, then you move the cotton ball around to get any traces of polish. And voila! The polish is all gone!



2 comments:

  1. What a coincidence! I just posted a similar blog a few days ago! Great minds think alike, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I have never heard of this! Cool!

    http://churchgirlchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete