Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sally Hansen Stick on Nail Polish

So I FINALLY got around to trying these! I bought them from Ulta for about nine dollars. I bought the houndstooth design. They also come in faux lace, denim, flowers, other animal prints, other cool designs, and neon solid colors. They are actually really easy to put on. It comes with 16 peel off polishes, a wooden stick, and a buffer. First, you push back your cuticles with the small wooden stick, then go over with remover to clean off any access dirt. Then you size up your nails with the peel offs, and you're ready to go! You peel them off, then stick on your nail just a teeny tiny bit above the cuticle. If its over your cuticle it will stick up a little. You then gently lay them over your nail, try to avoid air bubbles or creases. The edge then should hang over your real nail, and you can just file that off in a vertical motion. It took me about fifteen minutes total (while being distracted watching Glee).

I believe the box says they can last a week. On me that didn't happen. I put them on Monday, and its Wednesday and I'm taking them off. They started chipping really bad at the ends...and I hate chipped nails, so they have to go! But they do not peel off, once they're on, they're on. They come in pretty designs and I received lots of compliments. I would only get them again for a special occasion. Since they are made of real nail polish they come off with just nail polish remover.

I have pics of the day I put them on (first) and today, to show the slight chipping after two days. And I did scratch my hair when washing it, but when doing the dishes and cleaning I wore gloves (as always to try and keep my polish looking freshly applied).




No comments:

Post a Comment