Thursday, March 3, 2011

OPI Shatter

Yayyy I finally got my nails to shatter properly. When I first tried my shatter they were not spreading as much as I like, and I finally figured out a solution. You are usually not supposed to shake bottles or nail polish, but roll them between your palms. Well with the shatter you need to shake the bottle. Sometimes after you paint a few fingers, shake the bottle a few more times. Also, use a generous amount of polish. Not enough so polish is dripping everywhere though. Hard to explain, but just dip the brush in the bottle and just wipe the side of the brush you're not using against the top of the bottle when you're pulling it out.

I used my black shatter over one of my new favorites...Teenage Dream!



2 comments:

  1. It could also be that they are different brands. I think the "Crackle" used before was China Glaze, right? I've heard negative things about the formula. It looks like here, you're using actual OPI Shatter. I've never needed to shake my Shatter. Just rolling it between my palms for a couple of minutes seems to do the trick. That, and making sure I replace the cap right after I paint a nail is key, too. OPI has stated that Shatter dries much quicker than normal polish (it has the same consistancy as a matte, sort of), so if you leave the cap off too long, the formula will thicken and become "goopy". Nice paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks katie! I've also heard that the China Glaze Crackle does need to be shaken a LOT. I've seen just a few nice swatches from that brand, but I have yet to get those same results. I want to keep trying cause it's a nice change from black. :)

    ReplyDelete